Friday, December 11, 2015

Hogwarts School of Blogcraft and Bookistry : History of Magic

Friday, December 11, 2015


Hi class! Welcome to the 8th class of Hogwarts School of Blogcraft and Bookistry!

So today, I'm going to teach you about History of Magic. Like the other class in this school, there will be 2 parts, blog and book. Without further ado, let's start, shall we?





First Impression of the First Blogger You Met

Tuzi : The first blogger I met was Emma from the SMART Book Club (I actually met her in real life first) and she is the sweetest friend ever. Emma was actually the one who told me I should start my own blog :D

ClaireI was and still am amazed by Jillian (Jillian’s Books). Her blog inspired me to build my own and try reach out more. When she commented on my blog for the first time, I could hardly believe it.

AngelFaye from The Social Potato was so helpful to me when I first started! I didn’t expect this from her because you know, she’s one of the most popular book bloggers hihi :) 

Tiffany Melanie from YA Midnight Reads is the blogger that inspired me to make my own blog. Also, she’s the very first person that write a comment in my blog!

Shannelle : I can't really remember the first bloggers that I met, but I remember meeting this bunch of Philippine bloggers on twitter all at the same time, such as Faye of The Social Potato, Aimee of Deadly Darlings, Dre of Sporadic Reads. And I didn't have any idea of them before I met them, but they were all nice. They accepted me really easily, and I'm so happy I found a whole bunch of bloggers from my country.

Nori : The first blogger that I met in real life was Sajda from Across the Words! It was actually my first ever book event, and I was really nervous because I know no one. She happened to overhear me when I was introducing myself to an author, and immediately cam over! I'm so glad that she did, because we are great friends now :)

AenteeOne of the first bloggers who commented on my blog was Faye of The Social Potato. I remember being absolutely starstruck. I use to get so nervous speaking with her. We are great friends now, though - and she’s 100% shiny and lovely. I also love Jenna of Reading with Jenna, one of my first and most steadfast blogger friends. She’s incredibly smart, a total fangirl, and so much fun to chat with!

Aila I thought Nichol at Stacks Waiting was an angel for trading a book with me, and I hold her in complete awe up to this day

AimeeThere are so many amazing bloggers out there who intimidated me at first, but I have now realized are super sweet and friendly. One of them is Kat Kennedy from Cuddlebuggery--okay, I’m still intimidated by her, but she’s an absolute sweetheart!

Joey : Indigo @ Adventures in YA Fiction was the first blogger I struck up a conversation with in person at a blogger meetup in Toronto. We were both awkward ducklings in the corner of the room so it was neat to share a parallel first-time meetup experience, 


First Book that Started Your Career

Tuzi Allegiant by Veronica Roth started my blogging career, Roald Dahl has made me a lifelong reader

ClaireThe Junie B. Jones, Magic Tree House, and (I feel like a broken record) Harry Potter series.

AngelThe first book that made me take the step to actually create a blog is If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin. It was the first book I attempted to review but I didn’t post it because it was poorly written

Tiffany : The first book that made me love to read is Harry Potter, but the first book that started my blogging career is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

Shannelle : I got Charlotte's Web and a Totally Spies book for a birthday present from my tutor when I was in first grade. I still reread Charlotte's Web up to now, and it's absolutely tattered and brown and I would just die if I somehow lose it because it's one of the first book that I ever owned. And of course, there was Harry Potter. I remember my uncle telling me if I wanted to read something, it should be Harry Potter. And I think I did so a few years later.

Nori : I honestly didn't remember...*winces* I've loved reading for as long as I can remember!

Aentee The first book I reviewed was The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. It’s one of those books that grew on me over time. At first, I felt it lack emotional punch. But as I interacted with the author and the wider blogging community, I started to forget the bad and remember only the good in the book (i.e. the perfect that is Shazi/Khalid and the food description). Proof that blogging makes you love books more!

AilaUnremembered by Jessica Brody

Aimee The first book I reviewed on my blog’s Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

Joey : Rick Yancey's The 5th Wave inspired my need to word vomit a review.


So, that's it for today, class! And don't forget, there will be Charm class next week at Prof, Angel's blog, The Bookish Angel. Don't be late and see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bookish Thought © 2014