Friday, January 20, 2017

My Dream Bookish Panel

Friday, January 20, 2017

Every international blogger knows how hard it is to attend a bookish panel. Me is no different. Up until this point, I've never attend one because there isn't any in my country. The closest one is probably in Philippines, and it still cost a lot of money to go there. So when Eventbrite is running a project to encourage bloggers to share their dream bookish panel, I thought why not? Since I can't attend one, might as well make one! If you haven't heard of Eventbrite, they are the largest self service ticketing platform that helps people find and plan events with their event planning softwareHere it is!





1. Kasie West
If you've been here long enough, you know I will devour any Kasie West books! Her contemporary books are to die for. I've read 4 of her books, and all of them have a swoony characters and adorable ships. I'd love to know how she manages to write like that.

2. Morgan Matson

Another favorite contemporary authors! I've only read two of her books, but I love them both. Her characters are really realistic that I often feel like I'm them. Also, I love how she handle the 'family' plot in Second Chance Summer (something we rarely see in YA).


1. J. K. Rowling
Like most people probably, the very first book that made me love reading is Harry Potter. I read it back in 2011, and it's really magical that I start to love reading until now. I'd be thrilled if I could attend a panel with her in it.

2. Rick Riordan
I'm practically obsessed with Percy Jackson! Rick Riordan creates such a funny and interesting characters, I can't help but keep reading (fyi, I've read around 15 books of his and still not bored of it). Would love to ask him about how he come up with the adventurous plot.

3. Cassandra Clare
It's definitely not surprising that she's here in this list. Just like Rick, her books are filled with interesting plot that left me wanting more. Also she makes a killer book boyfriends (aka Will Herondale). That reason alone should make me want to meet her.

4. Marie Lu
I've read both of her series (Legend and The Young Elites), and it keep getting better and better. Marie Lu creates a vivid fantasy world and realistic characters and perfect ending.


1. Leigh Bardugo
Okay, I know Leigh's books are mostly fantasy, but what make me truly obsessed with her books aren't Shadow and Bone, but Six of Crows with its awesome and brilliant heist. Seriously, it's really cool and I'd love to ask her how she thought about it!

2. Ally Carter
I really love her Heist Society series! (okay, Gallagher Girls too, but mostly Heist Society). How cool is it to travel around the world stealing historic arts (don't worry, it's mostly for a good cause). Also all the spy stuff she did in Gallagher Girls made me want to attend a spy school!

Of course there's still many authors that I want to meet, but I can't possibly list them all here xD Anyway, what about you? Which authors do you want to meet? Have you meet any of them?

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, a Kasie West/Morgan Matson contemporary panel would be wonderful. I met Morgan Matson over the summer and had a blast at her signing! I also LOVE the idea of a heist panel with Ally Carter and Leigh Bardugo-- so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a book panel. Is this like a book fair? I'm from Germany and so far, I only attendet the Leipziger Book Fair. There are authors too. Is this kind of the same thing?
    Ok, I feel a bit stupid by now :/

    Greets, Ella
    http://passionandpages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome idea! I might have to steal it...but I'll give you credit if course. :) I've only been to a couple of book panels, but they're pretty awesome if you can get to one, even if you haven't heard of the authors. Rick Riordan would also be on my dream one though, I'd love to talk to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really fun to think about. If you're going to dream, why not dream big, right? :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG YESS. I'd love to meet Rick Riordan, J.K Rowling and Leigh Bardugo. They're all my all time favorites!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete

The Bookish Thought © 2014